Friday, October 23, 2009

Bastian, Michael

Ciao! I'll start off by saying that Michael Bastian is my favorite designer. Yes, his clothes are really expensive (being that Brunello Cucinelli is the manufacturer) but it's classic and very tailored. During fashion week, I was lucky enough to be able to attend his Spring/Summer 2010 show.

In an abandoned art gallery, his stage and catwalk was black. All the models came out the stage at once and each in turn walked down the catwalk (not your typical single entry). There were three stages each being a different look. It was day-wear, swimwear, and then evening-wear. The evening-wear completely blew my mind as it was mainly black and he made it completely work for his them which in my opinion was tailored-Latin American-classic.

Last Saturday, Michael had a trunk show at Bergdorf Goodman where he was attending. I took my lunch break from work and rushed there to join/meet him. His SS2010 collection was there and to be able to see it up close was incredible. He was lovely and very friendly and introduced me to Eugenia Gonzalez Ruiz-Olloqui who is head press. We discussed his collection, his show, the music and what his future holds. It was great. Here are a few pictures:


MICHAEL BASTIAN


PREVIOUS COLLECTIONS


TAILOR-SHIP (FUNCTIONAL BUTTONHOLES)




SS2010



I will definitely be following his progression and his passion for making the perfectly classy tailored clothes and I'll update you guys.

www.michaelbastiannyc.com
www.brunellocucinelli.com

No comments: