Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A PERFECT FOLD...



I was reading Snarkjacobs Blog(thanks @kirsylovett for twitting it) and she expressed that she didn't receive the chance to write for VIBE. I immediately thought about my chance that I didn't get to style for the VIBE...and my first VIBE ISSUE was R.Kelly Cover early 90's issue(Thanks Dad). I was hooked!

Some of my favorite Fashion Editors such as Emil Wilbekin, Jason Farrer, Michael Nash, and Rachel Johnson have been styling dope Fashion Editorials for the magazine forever.

Like Snark Jacobs I LOVE the golden era the 90's and early 00's. I kind of expressed this in my previous ode to Fashion Editor Jason Farrer. The VIBE featured fashion in the most elaborate ways with Music, Artist,Photographers, Models,and those eye catching Covers. The High End Fashions with Dope Street wears with those overtop the editorials.

I salute all those who have put their hands in the process and product.Thanks Journalist, Fashion Editors, Artist, Photograhpers, and MODELS...


Quincy Jones
AAliyah
AKDMKS
Alek Wek
Alexi Hay
Anthony Mandaler
Ben Watts
BIGGIE
Brooklyn
Bronx
Chanel
Camella Elhke
Craig Seymour
Dah Len
Dao Yi Chow
David LaChapelle
Danyel Smyth
Def Jam
DKNY
Dream Hampton
Dolce & Gabbana
DMX
Emil Wilbekin
Erykah Badu
Enyce
Evisu
Foxy Brown
Harlem
Hype Williams
Jay-Z
Jean Paul Gaultier
Jason Farrer
Jessica White
John Moore
Jonathan Mannion
June Ambrose
Kevin Powell
Kanye West
Karl Kani
Kelis
Lauryn Hill
LRG
Lil Kim
London
Manhatthan
Mary J. Blige
Marc Ecko
Masion Martin Margiela
Maxwell
Mecca
Michael Jackson
Michael Nash
Missy Elliot
Mos Def
Moshino
Naomi Campbell
NAS
N E R D
New York
Nicola
Noemi
Ohmayra Motto
Pharell Williams
P.diddy
POLO Ralph Lauren
PNB
Q-tip
Queens
Rachel Johnson
Raf Simons
Rosie Perez
Sean John
Spike Lee
Stacy Mckenzie
Staten Island
Terry Richardson
Tommy Hilfiger
Tribe Called Quest
Tricky
Triple 5 Soul
Tupac
Tyson Beckford
Versace
Vivienne Westwood
Will Lemay
Wu-Tang

And many more...Thanks!!!

No comments: