Tuesday, June 9, 2009

THOM BROWNE AND HIS FORWARD THINKING...





Has given the menswear traditional suit a different outlook. As I browsed the 3rd floor in one of NYC's staple spots, I came across Thom Browne's latest design creation. The Mens SKORT (a pair of shorts with a extra piece of material to cover that resembles a skirt) where most men like Marc Jacobs could pull this off, Marc would probably be a little resistant to the piece as well. Being that Marc goes for a need length man skirt. I'm thinking Marc may feel this maybe a lot of leg for a man to be displaying on the real life streets. I like Thom Browne design aesthetic where his take on the mens traditional essentials are forward and wearable. I would set the above look for editorial purposes cause it is a different interpretation on the actual piece. In real life I'd be speechless if I saw the skort worn out on the streets... :0 But Thom I can't wait to see what 2010 will bring ;)

No comments: