Tuesday, December 16, 2008

RAF SIMONS ISOLATED REDUX...

DOPE BOOK
DOPE BOOK TOO!
ONE OF THE ISOLATED HEROES
I NEED THESE SATIN VANDALS
KANYE LIVES FOR FRONT ROW AT RAF SHOWS

is the next project coming from the designer in 2009...Its a compalaition of his previous books ISOLATED HEROES X RAF SIMONS REDUX. SIKE YOUR MIND IM JUST PLAYIN!!!! I'm a jokester you didn't know ;) I was clicking away while I was reading somebodies blog and I ended up on this blog. Where I give all the credit to for the pics, well not all pics check RAF SIMONS website too. ISOLATED HEROES is collab with well noted Photographer David Sims and the RAF SIMONS REDUX is a restoration of many collaborations with RAF's bio, collections, collabs, and captions...

As you know I have a real story to tell. I was in the BKLYN one nice autumn night and I dropped by the bookstore. This night I copped my issue of GQ with Megan Fox on the cover. Then I browsed the books came across some interesting things. Then the light shined on the plastic covered book with an ISOLATED HERO on the front cover, which was titled
RAF SIMONS REDUX and I was like RAF got books???...I read and looked through the time periods of the collections also the bio of the designer who studied Industrial Design in school. Also had no former training in fashion other than a internship with Walter Van Beirendonck. It was interesting to breeze through the sharpness of Mr. Simons, I still don't own the book because it was $75 dollars and I think or I know I was broke lol. It was second hand and you can't find it in Barnes and Noble...So Santa, Family, Friends, and AFI readers if we are people like you say we are Xmas is coming I would like that book.

PS Email me and I'll tell you exact spot for the book. I have my reasons...

Also this re-post wouldn't possible if wasn't for
The Artist and his Model Thank You for your great insight further than I knew about RAF SIMONS...also check out quotes and interview at http://www.papercoffin.com/writing/articles/simons.html (it won't link but dope site keep an open mind)

1 comment:

keefwasheretoo said...

YOoOoo I know my old news post is corny, but I'm really proud of this one because I had a story to tell like BIGGIE... my writing ain't the greatest but I get my point across hpflly...And I needed to put it out there about those books as XMAS gifts lol...But whatever enjoy the post...